e107 Coders.org :: Forums :: E107 Plugins :: Suggest a Plugin

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>  
Corporate Website Plugins     Go to page       >>        
Author Post
Zaphod
Tue Nov 11 2003, 01:19AM
Registered Member #820
Website
After some discussion with cameron in chat and some thought, we decided it would be good to start making some plugins that will give a corporate feel and ability to e107. it is my belief that e107 with the write plugins could become a premier option for corporate users to use either on an intranet or for the corporate front end website.

It is for the above reasons that I have posted this message.
We would like to gather together all the ideas, needs and wants that are required for corporate or internal sites.

As a further point we would also like to get a few coders together who are also interested in persuing the above so that we can get other working on the tasks.

So if you have a corporate plugin suggestion or are interested in helping post a reply and let us know.

Zaphod
crickle
Tue Nov 11 2003, 03:50AM
Registered Member #924
Hi Zaphod, i'm in the process of porting a very nice and powerful php script into e107 plugin

At this time the integration is almost completed and the plugin work fine for me (except for a very few and minor bug)

Essentially, it's an FTP online client , which mean that you can connect to any FTP server whenever they are since you have the right permission to access them

This plugin control everything on the FTP side , add delete move chmod rename files and directories , email files and directories , zip and download files and directories and edition capabilities for file

On the e107 system side , every action of the client is logged and tracked for security purpose

Actually i'm working on this plugin in order to deliver this service as free in my website

I think it's a very powerful tool both for intranet or internet or even extranet

Finally, the integration is complete for 95%, the only thing i have to adjust is some part of the layout and a bug in the zip functionality

For those interested, You can try this plugin Here

Don't forget, the plugin is not finished yet , but is workable and in the sametime you visit my website take a look at the other plugin i'm working on (skin gallery, international weather, bandwidth tester, ip location, traffic investigator...)
Zaphod
Tue Nov 11 2003, 03:58AM
Registered Member #820
thats sounds great and again is useful for intranets as it allows admins to access their site from anywhere, if it is anything like web2ftp.com its excellent because when you dont have ftp access like me from work, i could then use this plugin.

excellent.

Come on you corporate coders lets get this moving.

Good work Crickle

Zaphod
Website
crickle
Tue Nov 11 2003, 07:45AM
Registered Member #924
For those who dont have any FTP address to try the plugin, you can connect to anonymous server, an example of this is:

FTP server = [link]
username = anonymous

no need to a password
JuhaH
Tue Nov 11 2003, 08:00AM
Registered Member #925
I am in (for a coding). I am webmaster for intranet of software development company, so we have a use for all kind of wicked things :)

I suppose we need to study a bit what kind of software people need. There is different kind of businesses, so needs are VERY different. Alltought there could be something in common ..

What I am looking for:
- Bug handling system (better than current in e107, should have flexible categories/grouping at least)
- Client register (I have written one by myself, it has company register and all contact persons are listed under it)
- Group calendar.
- Possibly some project management system (tasks, timelines)
- Mailing lists for news letter.

Some facts:
- e107 users = people at my company.
- our clients will never be listed as e107 users, so different database will be needed for storing their information.
bazzer
Tue Nov 11 2003, 08:43AM

Registered Member #330
Count me in Zaphod. As you know I am working on a couple of plugins so we can use e107 on our intranet which I'll share when finished.

Room/resource booking is a must for us (we currently use MRBS which is excellent) with LDAP authentication against Novell eDirectory.

Library plugin for issue/tracking/return of books, periodicals, videos cds etc. Currently we use openbiblio which is not integrated at all.

Helpdesk ticketing system.

LDAP authentication for e107.

Flexitime calculator.

I'd be happy to help with whatever.

Barry

Website
bazzer
Tue Nov 11 2003, 01:08PM

Registered Member #330
Another useful one would be a clipart gallery integrated with Microsoft Office!
Website
Zapperlink
Wed Nov 12 2003, 09:44PM
Registered Member #1194
JuhaH wrote ...
I am in (for a coding). I am webmaster for intranet of software development company, so we have a use for all kind of wicked things :)

I suppose we need to study a bit what kind of software people need. There is different kind of businesses, so needs are VERY different. Alltought there could be something in common ..

What I am looking for:
- Bug handling system (better than current in e107, should have flexible categories/grouping at least)
- Client register (I have written one by myself, it has company register and all contact persons are listed under it)
- Group calendar.
- Possibly some project management system (tasks, timelines)
- Mailing lists for news letter.

Some facts:
- e107 users = people at my company.
- our clients will never be listed as e107 users, so different database will be needed for storing their information.

EXACTLY what I need dude. You couldnt have hit it better. I need something for the Research and Development Department.
Zapperlink
Wed Nov 12 2003, 09:47PM
Registered Member #1194
Also to add on to my last post.. the helpdesk or bug system should be able to be seen by standard e107 users and the admin/response should be able to be accessed only by a certain group. That way both the plugins can be used for internal or external purposes.
Zaphod
Wed Nov 12 2003, 11:23PM
Registered Member #820
Zapperlink i agree, i think the first intranet i develop will be call logging.

I will get a list together soon of them and get coders to check them out. i might make a CVS plugin or something or when Cameron releases the task manager polugin i will start getting it all happening
Website
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF