Forums

e107 Coders.org :: Forums :: E107 Plugins :: Current Plugin Projects

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>  
Comment moderation and anti spam          
Author Post
Jezza101
Thu Jul 17 2008, 01:18PM
Registered Member #58859
hey all, Ive been wanting some better comment moderation for my site for some time, I get 2-3 spam registrations a week.

There has been much talk of making some anti spam controls and 0.8 should have better moderation capabilities in it? I hope!

So in the meantime Ive knocked together a quick e107 anti spam comment moderation plugin. It's nothing special but has a straight forward ability to block links being posted by user class, allows for individual comment moderation and what I wanted - the wordpress style anon posting where the admin has to manually approve the user after first post (based on username and ip).

I dont want to spend too much time on it as it hopefully will be made redundant by 0.8 but the time it will save me clearing out spam makes it worthwhile!

Anyway, im testing a beta 0.3 on my site (I wouldnt bother d/l 0.1 which is the only one ive made available). If you like the sound of this and have any ideas let me know via my dev site. You can try posting a comment on the news page ;)!

[ Edited Thu Jul 17 2008, 01:19PM ]
Jezza101
Mon Jul 28 2008, 02:58PM
Registered Member #58859
version 0.4 released - seems to be working well!

Ive enabled anon commenting on my site and have had no spam probs :)!

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF