e107 Coders.org :: Forums :: E107 Plugins :: Suggest a Plugin

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>  
E107 0.6 and Redhat 9 problem with eChat     Go to page       >>        
Author Post
Giorgio
Thu Sep 04 2003, 07:47AM
Registered Member #731
Hi everyone,
I installed E107 and various plugins on a RedHat 9 machine and everything works fine but eChat plugin.
When launched as an anonimous guest from the menu it shows the login form and it's not possible to go further. It returns always to the login form.
When launched after a member login it shows just a white board and in the Iternet explorer status bar you can see a lot of strings passing rapdly. Of course the IE remains blocked and have to restart it to surf again in the site.

As I wrote all the rest is ok, working fine, just this plugin looks like doesn't like Redhat. I tried 3 new Redhat installations on 3 different pcs and still not working, and tried a Mandrake installation too.... no results.

So, please if someone can help me I will apreciate.

Thanks
Lolo Irie
Thu Sep 04 2003, 12:38PM

Registered Member #3
Hi Giorgio,

I will have a look on that and give you feedback.
Do you have an URL when I can see the problem (don't install a link for your visitor, so I will be alone to see that...)
Website
Giorgio
Thu Sep 04 2003, 04:50PM
Registered Member #731
Thanks for your interest, i wrote you an e-mail with infos.

Hope to read soon from you

Giorgio
numberonepal
Mon Oct 20 2003, 10:49PM
Registered Member #420
I am having exactly the same problem as mentioned in the first thread here. The funny thing is that it works on one server, but not another. It also is doing the same thing on my local machine. It's so weird since it works on one machine and not another. I've given up on this one for now, but would really like to integrate it into a couple of Sites. Any help is appreciated.
Lolo Irie
Tue Oct 21 2003, 09:55AM

Registered Member #3
I know Kullekulle is working to find a solution for RedHat servers...
Sorry for this issue, but like I don't have a linux server to test, it's impossible for me to fix that actually.

If you look on [link]
You will see this bug is known... ;)
Website
numberonepal
Tue Oct 21 2003, 01:28PM
Registered Member #420
Thanks for the quick reply there, but I would like to add that my local machine is Win2000, so the bug may not be platform related. I'm also pretty sure, but not positive, that this bug is not PHP version related.
Giorgio
Tue Oct 21 2003, 01:45PM
Registered Member #731
Hi Numberonepal!
I feel better to know that the problem with the Red Hat is not only mine &|
I gived up with it, and installed a Debian Server and it works really good! Before to decide to switch to Debian I made a lot of tries (Iolo knows it) but none solved the problem. I focused the problem is how PHP is compiled, I mean that the Red Hat version of PHP is not complete or compiled with some switch that cause the problem. So if you can compile a new PHP for Red Hat, I think you will solve the problem. Of course let me know it! :p

The Debian distro I am using come with PHP 4.1 and it works.

For your information I tried various versions of Red Hat from the 6.2 till the 9a and non worked.

Hope to read soon from you!
numberonepal
Tue Oct 21 2003, 02:13PM
Registered Member #420
From what I can tell this is a pretty big deal - and complicated. It's definitely over my head to try and fix. I will continue to use PHP OpenChat as my primary chat system. This has served me well, and I'll just use the eChat on the servers that like it.

Thanks for all the hard work fellas. You've got a good thing going here, and I want you to know that we all really appreciate it.
Lolo Irie
Tue Oct 21 2003, 02:21PM

Registered Member #3
Giorgio wrote ...
I focused the problem is how PHP is compiled, I mean that the Red Hat version of PHP is not complete or compiled with some switch that cause the problem.

Hum...
Really strange anyway.

Can I contact you guys when I will work on the next release to try to fix this issus, or do you prefer just forget this plugin ?.. :p
Website
Giorgio
Tue Oct 21 2003, 02:24PM
Registered Member #731
Iolo, just reading my last post for sure you will understand that instead to change plugin i changed Linux Distribution..... so think on!
Let me know if I can help you in the next release, I mean to test it in a Red Hat enviroment ok?

Bye and Thanks
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF