Forums

e107 Coders.org :: Forums :: E107 Plugins :: Current Plugin Projects

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>  
Integration of Mediawiki v1.5.6 into e107 v0.7+     Go to page   <<            
Author Post
Daddy Cool
Sat Nov 18 2006, 04:07PM

Registered Member #27909
Yeah, I'm working on something that could work for everybody (as Beta).. I'll try to release it this week-end cause I need to work on my exams after that %-6
Website
Daddy Cool
Sat Nov 18 2006, 08:34PM

Registered Member #27909
OK, so here is the file with the plugin + integration as it is for now ==>

Mediawiki_Integration v2 BETA

Please follow the README file included to understand something.

Here is the content of the dev file :

I've been able to make this plugin work perfectly into one site, half perfectly on another...

Things that are not working perfectly into this integration :

Creation of a new user from the e107 table is sometime stopped (to re-enable it, just activate (set to true) the creation of new user and create one from mediawiki) (I didn't publish before because of that not-understand why is that happening)

Update of the users isn't. (that may only help when you have new admin..)

Mediawiki uses an Iframe to show throught e107 (that is really not the best, it's slow and not xhtml compliant at all.

Plugin is not set to use another database then the one from e107. (I think...I don't remember right now)

----
What I've done so far :

Thanks to Rikiki and it's hook, I've manage to build it so there is an automatic creation of user and added the sysop/bureaucrat management.

So, right now, the mediawiki extension uses the e107 cookie to get info about a user and create a mediawiki user. (But it's not perfect)
Problem is, the cookie must be set set to the right host (if the cookie from e107 is w ww.domain.com and your mediawiki is installed at wiki.MYdomain.com, the cookie won't be found !)

Best I could do was to set my e107 sites to w ww.something.com and install mediawiki into w ww.something.com/wiki <== that way, the cookie was always retrieved.. else not always..

---
Now, to get ride of the iframe.... I thought of doing a special header in e107 that would be used so that its corresponding to the header mediawiki is using.. It's been a real headache to make mediawiki appear into e107 so if anybody wants to try out..

The idea is to use a simple skin for mediawiki and 'copy' the content of the header used by monobook. use that as a special header when using the file wiki.php (you can set that in theme.php)
----

Personnally, I've come to the point I think that we need to wait for Mediawiki to become more integradable as it is now. This is a superb wiki tool, but it's never been build to be integrated somewhere... But hey, if you want to work on it ! Keep me informed of how it goes !
----------------

PLEASE NOTE THAT I'm taking a break from now till christmas, so you'll probably won't get rapid answers if you don't understand how to make it work. This is Beta only, have fun if you want to hack it and make it work.

[ Edited Sat Nov 18 2006, 08:39PM ]
Website
skinofstars
Mon Nov 20 2006, 03:31AM
Registered Member #45790
Thank you very much daddy cool. Fingers crossed this wont be too much trouble upgrading from an earlier incarnation of this integration I have.

Good luck with your exams.
shoulders
Tue Nov 21 2006, 05:48PM
Registered Member #59356
the admin menus dont appear on my site (e107 7.6), This problem i found is the presense of e107_helper_project_v0.8 pluggin, maybe it is fixed with later versions.

the Auth_e107.php causes mediawiki 1.7+ to stop working all together. Seems fine with 1.6.8 (pre PHP 5).

Thanks Daddy Cool, good luck with your exams.All this work is appreciated.

[ Edited Wed Nov 22 2006, 11:41PM ]
Daddy Cool
Wed Nov 22 2006, 02:09PM

Registered Member #27909
Hey !! I just thought of a trick that could be easily done via the already made wiki.php file.

Why not use the wiki rss feed to show the pages ?
That way, we simply have to put a edit box over the page rendered for thos people we want to be able to edit the wiki... linking them to the 'normal mediawiki' ....

That way, we simply have to make a search&replace to change the link between the wiki pages...

Also using a special css file (or a fetcher?)...

I really need to study !! !scared

[ Edited Wed Nov 22 2006, 02:11PM ]
Website
shoulders
Sat Apr 07 2007, 11:48AM
Registered Member #59356
I am not a coder but i had a thought on how to theme the wiki, my method is a work around but it looks quite good on my site.basically i made the wiki.php accept transparencies and then made all of the backgrounds in the monobook/main.css transparent (at first, and then just the ones i needed to change), also removing any background pictures. then i made the main font match that of my skin and lastely i changed the headings font to the same. it is not a complete skin but it will do me.1: in wiki.php (plugins directory) change ##SANITISED## src=\"".e_BASE.$pref[mwiki_location].$query."\" name=\"mediawiki\" id=\"mediawiki\" width=\"100%\" height=\"450px\" scrolling=\"auto\" frameborder=\"0\" allowtransparency=\"true\">".LAN_MWIKI_3."##SANITISED##>just add the transparency part where appropiate.2: change all the backgrounds to none (if they stay white use transparent, i am not sure of the difference). you can either change them all in one go by using a find and replace or you can individually identify them and change only the required ones seperately.3: an easy way of identifying the css code is to use macromedia with the 'edit locally and upload to server option' for your site, goto you w**.homepage.com view source, copy this and paste it into a blank page in macro media, the select on the font or whatever you what to know about and in the top right corner the info will be displayed. right click onj the colour for instance and an option 'go to code will come up', click this and it will open the locally stored css file where the info is stored which you can now copy or write down for later.4: now do the same for the wiki, not in an iframe so make sure '$wgArticlePath = "/e107_plugins/mediawiki/wiki.php?$1";' in wiki localsettings.php has // at the begining. also to use wiki ouside the iframe use the direct address ie w**.myweb.com/wiki/5: so now you have both pages open in macromedia, if you go to the wiki page and select the main heading, again in the top right the info about it comes up, right click and goto code. this gives you the location of what to chanege, make a note of the line number.6: open up your ftp program and edit /wiki/skins/monobook/main.css and change the code you want.7: check the changes on your web browser, dont forget to use the iframe version so you can see the transparency working.8: remove the // for the article line in localsetting.php when you are finishedhope this helpsshoulders

[ Edited Sat Apr 07 2007, 11:54AM ]
shoulders
Wed Apr 11 2007, 10:57PM
Registered Member #59356
if using class2 is not possible, what about using php to create a css file that matches up say, the e107 title css setting with the mediawiki title css setting by using ##SANITISED## rel='stylesheet' href='/e107_plugins/css_online/css/online1.css' type='text/css' />i got this idea from the e107 plugin 'CSS online takeover' you could do all the main settings and make the rest transparent. this is what i have been trying to do but i have only started to learn css.shoulders

[ Edited Wed Apr 11 2007, 10:58PM ]
wolferey
Wed Nov 21 2007, 02:03PM
Registered Member #90465
Hey Daddy Cool, how is this project going?
Shep
Thu Oct 21 2010, 05:47PM

Registered Member #34584
I have a working Mediwiki - but is there any integration possible? Is this project even supported any longer?
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF