Username:
Password:
Search for Plugins: Advanced
Please Sign in, Register or Resend Activation Email

Forums

e107 Coders.org :: Forums :: E107 Plugins :: Current Plugin Projects

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>  
Integration of Mediawiki v1.5.6 into e107 v0.7+     Go to page   <<        >>        
Author Post
MGenovese
Fri Jun 30 2006, 01:54PM
Registered Member #47043
Sorry, this sounds silly for an e107 admin, but how do I enable private messages on here? ;) Anyway, I just "unhid" my email address from my profile, so feel free to email me offline there.

As for the content manager, I have to say frankly I couldn't figure it out. After about 1 hour, it still wasn't intuitive for me, so I figured regular site members wouldn't have a chance if it took me so long....so I nix'd it. Besides, I like the idea of the wiki, being so extensible and quite stable & tested.

I was thinking about the same things as you - how to deal with non-wiki users. I'm addressing mainly a technical audience, but that doesn't mean everyone has used a wiki before; I certainly didn't have a great deal of experience with wikis before putting this site together. I tried to put the main sections of the wiki in the sitelinks section so that someone could use the familiar site menu to navigate to the major sections of the wiki. Also, I found it wasn't really necessary to specify in the site menu what was wiki content and what wasn't. HOWEVER, I did make make custom pages in my template such that when a wiki page was used for the content, I got rid of the right-side column and put "64Wiki Content" in the top status line so the user could get an idea of where the content derived from. Again, this is for a technical audience who I want to eventually learn where stuff is deriving from.
Daddy Cool
Tue Sep 05 2006, 04:51PM

Registered Member #27909
Wow, thanls Rokinus! I didn't had time to work on it for a time, but now, that look really ok for me.. did some minor code to your code (added user_token cookie) and its working like a charm. I'm gonna do some test throught and get back to you..

How is it for you ?
Website
Daddy Cool
Tue Sep 19 2006, 05:29AM

Registered Member #27909
hmm.. finally, it's working perfectly in local.. but not as I wish on server side.. Got ride of the setCookies() to make it work in IE, but get some unstable ident with Firefox..

Trying to fix that for the week end....
Website
expunge
Thu Sep 28 2006, 05:54PM
Registered Member #63268
I'm sorry for dredging this up, but does anyone have these files? I would love to use this, but Daddy Cool's website appears to be down, and it doesn't appeared to be mirrored anywhere :(
Daddy Cool
Fri Sep 29 2006, 10:48AM

Registered Member #27909
Oupsi.. changed the domain of my website.. forgot to change the link.. it's now available, just follow the link [link]

[ Edited Fri Sep 29 2006, 10:49AM ]
Website
expunge
Fri Sep 29 2006, 11:45AM
Registered Member #63268
thanks Daddy Cool for the updatedlink (and for the hack!)
expunge
Fri Sep 29 2006, 02:10PM
Registered Member #63268
Interestingly, I can't get rokinus' version to work (it gives me a password error despite having the right password) but I can get Daddy Cool's. However, I now find myself unable to make administrative changes on the wiki - is there a way to manually make one of my users into a Bureaucrat? I'm sure some of you guys have managed to do it.
Daddy Cool
Fri Sep 29 2006, 04:58PM

Registered Member #27909
(for rokinus hack, be sure to get ride of all the ";" in the code if you copy/paste from here & check for your cookie name, it should normally work)
-I got some issue if the e107_cookie was set to the site "your.domain.com" and if the wiki was installed in "your.wikidomain.com" ..... Don't have answers for that (yet).

---
I've been working on Rokinus hack and added a complete plugin for e107. I still need to fix some issues but I'll try to release it in the month... You can check the result here : [link] it is in french, but just click on the links to see the results...

I added the administrative issue in the next Auth_e107 generation ;)

For now, you can only have administrative levels if you are the first registered member (that is, when installing the wiki, you must specify a "super-admin") (for now... ;) )
Website
skinofstars
Wed Nov 15 2006, 09:19PM
Registered Member #45790
Hope this project still alive.

Re:Sysop issues. When installing the wiki you have to set up a user there and then. The problem is that when you set up that user its on the wiki user table but when you initialise the integration you are authing off the e107 user tables. This means it cant find the original user without 'turning off' the integration. Am I wrong?
shoulders
Sat Nov 18 2006, 03:21PM
Registered Member #59356
Is there a BETA plugin that can be downloaded?

I have tried following the instruction, from the install.zip, the instructions on the wiki, I have also tried using the hack on the previuos page but i cannot get any of them to integrate my wiki in to e107.

With the hack all i get is a white page, this is with removing all the ;, also just removing the first ;.

Thanks for all the work.

[ Edited Sat Nov 18 2006, 04:29PM ]
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF