Username:
Password:
Search for Plugins: Advanced
Please Sign in, Register or Resend Activation Email

Forums

e107 Coders.org :: Forums :: E107 Plugins :: Current Plugin Projects

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>  
Integration of Mediawiki v1.5.6 into e107 v0.7+     Go to page   <<        >>        
Author Post
MGenovese
Tue May 16 2006, 02:20AM
Registered Member #47043
rokinus - I have found that the current level of integration is sufficient for my needs (sharing the same username / password database). In fact, I have played "tricks" with bringing up certain Mediawiki pages into the e107 content area by using the printable=yes parameter for Mediawiki URL's, which removes the wiki's navigation bar and top-menus (for editing, and so on). It makes the wiki page look more like a regular page of content than a Mediawiki page.
Daddy Cool
Tue May 16 2006, 05:37AM

Registered Member #27909
I already updated the e107wiki page ;)

I also disable the display/user name on all my site.. too many for me too.. and especially for newbies...

It would be nice of you to describe your tweak a little, I'm interested :D is it just a copy-paste of the url when looking in printable version?
Website
MGenovese
Tue May 16 2006, 01:53PM
Registered Member #47043
Well, it's not really a tweak, but a parameter you can pass into Mediawiki when you specify the URL. For example, if you have a page from Mediawiki that you want to display in your e107 content window, you currently use an IFRAME to source the appropriate URL within the wiki. For example, you might say:"##SANITISED## src='wiki/index.php?title=Newsfeeds'; name=iframe ..."My 'tweak' was to add the &printable=yes option, which dislays the Mediawiki page without the navigation menu and other buttons. That is, it is supposed to make the page nice for printing. However, it also makes the page nice for viewing:"##SANITISED## src='wiki/index.php?title=Newsfeeds&printable=yes';..."So if you created a help page for your website in the wiki, or some type of dynamic content page in the wiki, you can source that page without necessarily making it look like it came from the wiki (because all the normal buttons and menus are missing). However, the caveat is if you have any links on that wiki page, clicking on them will open up the linked page in the standard skin (e.g. monobook, with sidebar menu, buttons, etc.). I don't know a way around that.
rokinus
Wed May 17 2006, 03:00PM
Registered Member #51856
Hi,
It is a nice first step in the integration of a wiki. But, for example I would like my users to be authenticated directly into the wiki when they log in the e107 interface. I found some interesting links about a way to auto login users:
- Drupal integration: http://wiki.dccforall.com/DCCWikipedia_Authentication
- http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Authentication

[ Edited Wed May 17 2006, 03:01PM ]
rokinus
Wed May 17 2006, 06:12PM
Registered Member #51856
Hey, I thought about something that can totally destroy your 'integration'. If a user chose a username/loginname with a totaly weird syntax (like [o]rok), does that work???
I guess it won't work.
MGenovese
Wed May 17 2006, 06:38PM
Registered Member #47043
You know, I don't know. I haven't tried that. Is there a way to constrain e107 user login names (during sign-up) to force only alphanumeric characters (and underscore)? My site is in bring-up mode right now, so I don't have any users signed up yet. Existing boards though.....don't know.

Why do you think it wouldn't work for Mediawiki? I haven't looked at the username requirements. Are they more stringent than e107's?
Daddy Cool
Thu May 18 2006, 06:47PM

Registered Member #27909
We should look further into that coding from DCCwiki, thanks for the link rokinus.

But, after I've tested the site, it doesn't seems to work ?!
----

Else, he wrote it's module with the same basis as here (Authplugin.php) (I think..)

But there is something else : Auto_Login_via_REMOTE_USER that we should check out.

----
It's fun to make a search now with Mediawiki integration, when I made the files, only few adress had consequent information, now there's a lot more...
Website
Daddy Cool
Thu May 18 2006, 06:53PM

Registered Member #27909
Correction.. DCCforall.com works !! :D

(not the first time, but second time is working.. I think it may be due to the first writing of the new user into the Mediawiki user table. After it's created/verified, the cookie from Drupal is verified at new "logins"... Cool!!)

We really need to check out that coding! It would be a great advance into that integration!
Website
rokinus
Fri May 19 2006, 06:31PM
Registered Member #51856
$_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] is just the name of the variable set after a HTTP_AUTH. So we don't care about that is our case, but anyway, the structure used in this hack might be interesting.
The DCCwiki is based on the Drupal cookie, which stores much more information than the e107 cookie (only id and password I guess).
rokinus
Fri May 19 2006, 07:40PM
Registered Member #51856
MGenovese wrote ...

You know, I don't know. I haven't tried that. Is there a way to constrain e107 user login names (during sign-up) to force only alphanumeric characters (and underscore)? My site is in bring-up mode right now, so I don't have any users signed up yet. Existing boards though.....don't know.

Why do you think it wouldn't work for Mediawiki? I haven't looked at the username requirements. Are they more stringent than e107's?

Yes, for sure. They don't recognize any special character.

For e107 login match with wikipedia, hack the loginname verification process of E107 in signup.php:
line 305
if (strstr($_POST['loginname'], "#") || strstr($_POST['loginname'], "=") ||
 strstr($_POST['loginname'], "\\") || strstr($_POST['loginname'], "'") || strstr($_POST['loginname'], '"'))
replaced by:
if (!preg_match(("/^[a-zA-Z0-9 ]*$/"), $_POST['loginname']) || strstr($_POST['loginname'], "#")
 || strstr($_POST['loginname'], "=") || strstr($_POST['loginname'], "\\") || strstr($_POST['loginname'],
 "'") || strstr($_POST['loginname'], '"'))

Another good integration for CMS/mediawiki is done here:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=112973

[ Edited Fri May 19 2006, 07:42PM ]
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF