e107 Coders.org :: Forums :: E107 Plugins :: Current Plugin Projects

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>  
Integration of Mediawiki v1.5.6 into e107 v0.7+     Go to page       >>        
Author Post
Daddy Cool
Wed Feb 22 2006, 12:27PM

Registered Member #27909
Website
Hi there, I've been buzing around to be able to display the Mediawiki into e107. So, I've tried this and that to be able to get to something.
Right now, I would say that it is integrated at 65% -> user information is linked (no updated thought)
Mediawiki appears into the e107 default_menu
Using jayya/style.css, the merge of the 2 skin is pretty good.

Well, there is still a lot of work the completely integrate those two great website, but with the files and instructions I've put together, the results are satisfactory.

===Here is the link to get the files needed=== It's all into the .zip .

I don't know if I can upload it into the plugin section?? What do you think? Is it more a hack then a plugin? I do think it would benefit a few around here. :D

Cheers!

[ Edited Fri Sep 29 2006, 10:46AM ]
MGenovese
Fri Apr 14 2006, 03:24AM
Registered Member #47043
Thank you for posting this. FYI, there is an error on line #183 of Auth_e107.php: wge107_MySQL_username needs to have a capital "U". It's currently lowercase, which doesn't match with the variable in LocalSettings.php.
MGenovese
Fri Apr 14 2006, 03:36AM
Registered Member #47043
In addition, I'm also not sure where $wge107_MySQL_prefix from LocalSettings.php is getting used. I don't see it in Auth_e107.php. Maybe I'm missing something.
Daddy Cool
Tue Apr 18 2006, 02:52PM

Registered Member #27909
ok thanks for the info, i'll check this and update the file..
Website
MGenovese
Wed Apr 19 2006, 02:11PM
Registered Member #47043
Thanks very much - appreciate it.

Another question or two:

1. Is the style sheet absolutely required to make this work? I don't want to bring up Mediawiki in the same frame as my e107, so I haven't changed the wikibits.js, nor have I been using the CSS you provided in the archive you created. I don't see where this would cause a problem, but I just wanted to double-check. All I want this code for is to cause Mediawiki to use the e107 user database for authentication and login when used.

2. I am using the external database option (which is how I found the "Username" problem I mentioned above.) However, the auto-login into Mediawiki from e107 (via wiki.php) isn't working. AND, if I try to login directly at my Mediawiki page, I receive an error:

Error in fetchObject(): Table '<database_name>.page' doesn't exist

Backtrace:

* GlobalFunctions.php line 602 calls wfbacktrace()
* Database.php line 596 calls wfdebugdiebacktrace()
* Database.php line 1787 calls databasemysql::fetchobject()
* LinkBatch.php line 76 calls resultwrapper::fetchobject()
* LinkBatch.php line 55 calls linkbatch::executeinto()
* Skin.php line 192 calls linkbatch::execute()
* Skin.php line 171 calls skinmonobook::preloadexistence()
* SkinTemplate.php line 108 calls skin::initpage()
* MonoBook.php line 28 calls skintemplate::initpage()
* SkinTemplate.php line 151 calls skinmonobook::initpage()
* OutputPage.php line 577 calls skinmonobook::outputpage()
* OutputPage.php line 797 calls outputpage::output()
* Database.php line 476 calls outputpage::databaseerror()
* Database.php line 419 calls databasemysql::reportqueryerror()
* Database.php line 806 calls databasemysql::query()
* Database.php line 825 calls databasemysql::select()
* User.php line 151 calls databasemysql::selectrow()
* User.php line 75 calls user::idfromname()
* SpecialUserlogin.php line 294 calls user::newfromname()
* SpecialUserlogin.php line 91 calls loginform::processlogin()
* SpecialUserlogin.php line 19 calls loginform::execute()
* SpecialPage.php line 415 calls wfspecialuserlogin()
* SpecialPage.php line 276 calls specialpage::execute()
* Wiki.php line 155 calls specialpage::executepath()
* Wiki.php line 47 calls mediawiki::initializespecialcases()
* index.php line 123 calls mediawiki::initialize()

where <database_name> (which I removed for security) is my site's e107 MySQL database (and is correct), but "page" does not exist. It ought to be "e107_page", which is in the e107 database. However, I cannot really tell why this is happening, nor can I understand why Auth_e107.php would cause this. If I remove Auth_e107.php and remove the reference to it in my LocalSettings.php, the above error goes away (but obviously I still cannot authenticate/login from e107->Mediawiki). Do you have any experience with this?

Thanks again for your help and support.
MGenovese
Sat May 06 2006, 01:48AM
Registered Member #47043
I was not able to resolve the above error. So I reinstalled Mediawiki 1.6.5, but used the same e107 0.7.2 mySQL database (instead of creating a separate database as I had done previously). So now, both e107 and Mediawiki share the same db.

However, after following all of the instructions, I am still not able to login to mediawiki with usernames/passwords from my e107 site. I see e107.org's wiki is using this. Are there ANY tricks or gotcha's from the original description of how to do this that need to be publicized? I have tried this over and over again, and it just doesn't work. I'm not a PHP expert either :(, so debugging this is hit and miss for me.

Thanks for any help.
MGenovese
Sun May 07 2006, 05:06AM
Registered Member #47043
Figured out the fix. First, make sure Mediawiki is installed in the same database as e107, with no table prefixes. Second, see my discussion point here regarding display names versus login names.

e107 Wiki discussion page
rokinus
Mon May 15 2006, 06:39PM
Registered Member #51856
Is someone working on that? It will be great if mediawiki was totally integrated within e107!!! :D
Daddy Cool
Mon May 15 2006, 11:36PM

Registered Member #27909
Hello all, and particularly MGenovese!

Sorry to not have been around too much... I've taken every of your recommandations and they are now into the file.

Modifications added:
*Correction of Authe107.php line 183 mispell.
*Deleted the $wge107_MySQL_prefix . (It was a tryout I forgot to remove when I did the modo for e107)
*Changed the USER_NAME for USER_LOGINNAME ==> Means that now, to log to the Mediawiki, you need to enter the SAME combination username/password as for your e107 !
*Replaced the wikibits.js for the one of version Mediawiki 1.6.2

Bog thanks for noting all those "errors"
---------------------

As for the question: 1- No, you don't need to use the theme wiki_style.css, nor wiki.php, nor change wikibits.js . These file are only there to help you create a "beautiful" integration. :D

2- I've never tried to use the wiki on an external database (nor have the time to test it), so I really can't help on this issue. If you have modification or tips to give, don't hesitate to share them here, I'll be glad to add them into the "installation file".

----------------
@rokinus : That's the big question right now, it seems people using the combination of e107 & Mediawiki are satisfied the way it is... I've currently heard of no real thought programmer interested to solve this issue... And am not strong anoff to make this adaptation.
Website
MGenovese
Tue May 16 2006, 02:17AM
Registered Member #47043
Daddy Cool - Thanks much! My site is working well with the integration code you posted. In my case, I just removed the Display Name from the picture in e107, such that the login name and display name were always the same. There were too many "names" floating around for my liking anyway. So I'm good to go. Thanks again for providing and maintaining this! FYI, I had also posted on the e107 wiki. Would it be beneficial to upload your ZIP file there onto that wiki page discussing Mediawiki integration?
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF