Forums

e107 Coders.org :: Forums :: E107 Plugins :: Suggest a Plugin

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>  
Appeal or FundRaising menu          
Author Post
MikeWhittall
Sun May 01 2005, 12:13AM
Registered Member #1472
I run a couple of site for charities. They often have fundraising appeals, for example to raise cash for a new roof or changing room block. I would like to start coding a new plugin menu that does the following:

Menu Displays:

Campaign Title.
Brief Description of what the money is for.
The Target Amount.
The Current amount raised.
A progress bar graphic displaying the progress.

Plugin Admin Area Controls:

Sets the above values.

I have no idea where to start. What tables to use, how it would best be coded etc?

Any suggestions for starters would be appreciated, thanks.

Mike

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited ]</span>
bugrain
Sun May 01 2005, 10:43AM

Registered Member #22953
A good place to start would be the Yourplugin v3.0 plugin.

This is heavily commented to let you know what is going on and installs as a plugin so you can see the effect of the code.

Table wise - you shoul use your own which can be created during installation of the plugin. Make sure it's got a unique name. That way you can keep control of it.

I'd start by writing the menu that displays the info you need. This goes in e107_plugins/custom. Start of with getting this all done in HTML perhaps so you get the look you want. Then turn it into PHP (a bit at a time). Compare with other menus to get things like style sheet names so you fit in with the site theme. Tackle the Admin bit after you've got the menu sorted. When that's done you can go back to the menu and add the database acess stuff so you get the dynamic content you're after.

I'd also suggest a decent text editor for coding - personally I use UltraEdit32 (www.idmcomp.com). It does everything (literally) that you would need and you can get a 45 day trial version.

Good luck.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF